History

Details

The History of Sunset Plaza

Only a century ago, Sunset Plaza was filled with orchards and poinsettia fields and bustling streets such as La Cienega were yet to be paved for automobile traffic. This all changed in 1924, when Francis S. Montgomery, built the first commercial development on what would later be called, the Sunset Strip.  This same collection of shops and cafes still exists, updated over time, but with the same calm, relaxed environment that has made it an oasis of shopping for over 90 years.